Friday, October 14, 2011

Product Reviews: Create Originals and M1 Dual Duros (by John @ Boston Blading Society)

M1 Dual Durometer Wheels
First off, I’ve had bad experiences with M1 wheels in the past. Not the least of which was a pair chunking out on a hill while just rolling around, resulting in my right knee blowing out, putting me out of commission for over four months, and keeping me away from hammers, probably permanently.

That said, I purchased two sets of the green team 55mm wheels, as they were on sale cheap. Not really a smart move, but I had heard good things, and figured a second chance was in order.

Big quality difference. I gave a set to my friend Rick to test as well, since a three stair still kills me. Lol. Anyway, these held up well, not Eulogy quality, but very good. They wear rather quickly, and feel as hard as their 91 durometer would indicate, but they weren’t bad.
So, following the logic that M1 must finally be improving, I purchased some of the dual duros, in 57mm size.

Nice! These ride like a much softer wheel than their 91 durometer would indicate. They stick like glue on most surfaces, land softly, and wear very slowly. Even I barely wore through the mold lines in well over 4 months of skating, and have since handed them on to Rick, to ser how long they’ll last!

More recently I picked up some 59mm purple dual duros, which feel just as good as the 57mm’s. Honestly, these are the best, longest lasting wheels I have ridden, ever. Excellent job M1! Really want to try the trinities, but the way these are holding up, it might never happen!

Create Originals Frames
I’ve been skating a pair I got on sale from ERolling for $45.00 back in February. All in all, I think they’re phenomenal!

50/50 was the only company making an all in one frame for years. That said, its great that someone finally updated the concept.

Like 50/50, the COs come with removable freestyle blocks. But the g-blocks are far more solid, and anchored at 2 points in the frame, unlike 50/50s single point of anchor on the frame bolts. This makes a noticeable difference in both solidness and makes the durability of the frame far greater.

The COs are made from an incredible compound of plastic that in some ways reminds me of second generation Able frames, but far more durable. They slide fast, without the sacrifice of overly hard material, I.e. GC featherlites, which wear through quickly and at times snap. With the Creates, neither of these problems seem to exist.

Then there’s the graphic inlay. Great idea and with a little know how, with gimp or PhotoShop, you can make your own steezy inlays. Pretty sweet addition to what may be the greatest frames ever made.

All in all, a great frame, at a very fair price, good for whatever type of setup you ride, and in more colors than most companies. Can’t wait to see what else they got on the design tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment


shutupandskate

EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM

Chris Farmer Profile Section from the Video WORDS

ONE Blade Mag

ONE rollerblading magazine

Razors

R A Z O R S

Street Artist Urethane

TheConference News